Here’s a pretty good strategy:
1. Write a catchy song on your instrument of choice.
2. Record a video of yourself playing it.
3. Make a YouTube channel and post your catchy song video there.
4. Share your video with your “close” family and friends by phone and email.
5. Share your video on Facebook with your “other” family and friends.
6. Start contributing to some online music forums (e.g. answer questions, post interesting tips, etc.)
7. After a dozen or so non self-promoting forum posts: create a new forum thread, post a link to your catchy song video, and ask for feedback.
8. Repeat steps 1 through 8 until you get a good YouTube following/subscriber base.
9. Become an official YouTube partner and start getting paid for the views on all your channel’s catchy song videos.
10. Start playing some live shows in your area with your collection of songs you created.
12. Create a website and promote it to your YouTube followers in your videos.
12. Have a contact link on your website.
13. Record labels will start to contact you.
14. Sign a record deal.
Somewhere on the path above you will earn a million dollars.
More information is needed. Are you a performer such as a singer or musician? Do you have no musical talent then perhaps being an agent, promotoer or manager is best. Music is generally sold based upon a royalty fee from the producer. There are many ways to make a million dollars. Consistency and finding an area you enjoy and have talent is the most important quality. Depending on your skill set better advice will be obtainable.